Antelope County Extension
Informative Upcoming Educational Events
The symposium is designed to introduce youth to career opportunities and current issues in the beef industry,
FARM & RANCH Resources
- Daily CROP WATER USE
- Nebr. Ag Water Management Network (NAWMN)
- SOIL Fertility/Management Recommendation
1. VIDEO on Value of Soil Biology & Organic Matter
2. NRCS Soil Health Video
Soil Health Theater
'Under Cover' Farmers of Stanley County
- 2. Soil Health Testing
- AG INSECTS
- DROUGHT - Related Management
- Economic Resources, Budgets, Custom Rates, etc.
- Farm Real Estate
NE Land Values, Rental Rates
USDA Nebr. Charts & Maps..Including CASH RENTS by County
- Cornhusker Economics
Economic Staff Expertise Directory
- 2013 Farmer's TAX GUIDE
- Land Management & Leasing RELATIONS Update DVD Order Form (285 KB)
- UNL DIAGNOSTIC LAB for Plants & Pests
- Nebr. Approved Testing Labs
YARD & GARDEN Resources
- Hort. Update Archives
- Landscape Diagnostic Guide
- Identifying Landscape Plants
- Planting the Landscape
- Mulching the Landscape
- Protecting Landscape Plants
- Integrated Pest Management for Landscapes
- Plant Nutrients and Soil Fertility
- Properties of Landscape Soils
- Plant Growth Processes
- Managing Turf and Landscape Weeds
- Pesticide Safety in Landscape
- Classification and Naming of Plants
- Introduction to Plant Diseases
- Introduction to Entomology
- Tree Care
- Evergreen Tree Diseases
- Trees Species
1. Trees for Eastern Nebraska
2. Trees for Western Nebraska
3. Trees Selection & Placement
4. Nebraska's Landscape Tree Information
5. Right Tree, Right Place
We have complied a collection of resources to help those that have been affected by recent storms. More...
Marketing 2014 Calves
With current price levels, cow/calf producers could see good profits when selling 2014 calves. Aaron Berger, UNL Extension educator, outlines a few options to consider when thinking about marketing this year's calf crop. UNL's Beef website features more information on Livestock Risk Protection Insurance and determining costs of production.
Storing Distillers Grains
Distillers grains have become much cheaper, compared with earlier in the year. Aaron Stalker, UNL Extension beef range systems specialist, explains why using distillers grains could benefit producers – if they can properly store the product. More resources on storing distillers grains can be found here.
UNL Extension's Hort Update for August 18, 2014
An email newsletter designed to assist horticulture professionals and Extension staff with seasonal environmental topics for lawns, trees and shrubs, landscape ornamentals, fruits and vegetables, and miscellaneous items. Share with your colleagues and friends Hort Update, Visit our web site for archived issues .
UNL Extension cropping system experts discuss the latest updates on cropping issues in Nebraska such as appearance of Pythium in corn and soybeans, wheat disease updates, and a new UNL climate app. During the growing season, each weeks CropWatch newsletter is posted on Fridays at http://cropwatch.unl.edu/
Acreage Insights e-News for September 2014
The Acreage Insights e-News, published by UNL Extension Acreage team, is a monthly electronic newsletter providing acreage owners with timely information to better manage their rural living environment. Click here to subscribe to this newsletter or check out the team's Acreage Insight web resources (http://acreage.unl.edu/).
UNL Extension's BeefWatch for September 2014
Check out the latest issue of UNL BeefWatch Newsletter. newsletter, designed to assist Beef producers and professionals. You may subscribe to receive this newsletter in your email and view the latest summaries on beef industry issues at http://Beef.UNL.edu
As a leader in your community, often you are asked to present a program to club meetings, civic groups or professional organizations. Finding information for such a program and then organizing it can be challenging and time consuming. Look no further!
Faculty from the University of Nebraska-Lincoln Extension are providing you research-based, educational program resources free-of-charge. Information in each program is based on research from educational institutions around the world. The programs listed reflect the variety of topics which our clientele cite as issues within their communities. Congratulations on leading your organization to a greater understanding of these priorities! For lessons....
Making A Difference
Impact Summary Reports
- UNL Extension Impact Report
- Beef Systems
- 4-H Impact Report
- The Learning Child
- Guardianship / Conservator Training Program
- Agricultural Economics
- Cropping Systems Productivity
- Crop / Plant Science - Youth Education
- Food, Nutrition & Health
- Agriculture Water Management
- Animal Manure Management
- Water, Climate & Environment - Community
- Business Ventures and Innovation
- Nebraska Broadband Initiative
- Entrepreneurial Communities
- ESI and Beyond
Provides current grain/livestock market commentary and analysis; weather, climate, and soil moisture updates; practical advice from seasoned, working producers; and more.
View entire episodes or search for answers to your plant, yard, and insect problems. Watch Backyard Farmer live on NET1 April to mid September (Thursday, 7:00 pm CT).
Audio and video interviews with University of Nebraska-Lincoln Extension specialists and educators on topics ranging from crop and livestock production to health and nutrition to lawn and garden care, and more.